Sign on Skyline Blvd. at Community Center Entrance
Mark your calendars!
Fire Department Open House
Saturday May 16, 2015, 10 AM to Noon
The Kings Mountain Fire Brigade is hosting an open house to give the community a “behind the scenes” look at the fire department: what it does and how it works. There will be a variety of activities and demonstrations for adults and children. Light refreshments will be served. Here are some of the activities:
- Meet our firefighters and Fire Brigade board members
- See demonstrations of our fire trucks and fire/rescue equipment
- Get your picture taken behind the wheel of a fire engine!
- Get valuable safety tips to help protect your family and home -- smoke/CO detectors, fire extinguishers, home safety, first aid/CPR
- Learn how the fire department responds to 911 calls and works with other County and State agencies
- Learn how you can become a volunteer firefighter
- Look at photos of firefighters in action from 1967 to now
- Find out about Kings Mountain Emergency Preparedness (KMEP)
Contact Steve Johnson – sfjohns [at] pacbell [dot] net for further information.
Create an Event for the KMO Calendar
There are several types of events that the KMO calendar accepts: General Mountain Events, KMES Events, Community Center Events and others relevant to the community. To submit an event for inclusion you'll have to have a KMO user account. Getting an account is free and easy. Please note that event requests for the Community Center have to be approved by the CC Building Manager. Click here to read more about it.